Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Energy, Really?

I have made myself a food journal. I have a notebook filled with pages to log my daily food intake, water intake, my calories and my mood and energy. I have spiffed up my pages and totally got the idea from pinterest!

Well last night I made a terrible dinner choice (Whataburger) and was miserable. Energy level went from 10, being energized and ready to clean house to a 2, a point where all I did was sit on the recliner and order my kid around to bring me things. I know it's terrible! I was irritated, exhausted, and so tired I couldn't relax enough to fall asleep.

So of course, because I am an odd ball, I decided to experiment with tonight's dinner. I had a HUGE broccoli slaw/salad on a dinner plate, cut up a pita bread and bake it as a crunchy topping for my salad and had two grilled boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I was full and I had amazing energy. I didn't feel like going to the recliner. I actually had energy to go water our yard. AMAZING. I didn't know I would feel like that. It's time to take a closer look at dinner time and improve my dinners!

This is what I have figured out so far is that making GREAT choices with food, makes my energy levels jump and lets not forget my amazing mood booster.

No comments:

Post a Comment