Thursday, June 28, 2012

Breakfast Experiment

We all have been told over and over again that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I have been eating breakfast this week and not just any breakfast, fruit. Now, this is where I get so confused, I have heard and read that fruit has so much sugar that it's not good for you or your body. I have heard that if a person does eat fruit, it should be fruit that contains less sugar content, such as blackberries or raspberries. My new recent reading book, says I can eat as much fruits as I want or at least the maximium of four daily.


My morning experiment this week is eating fruit for breakfast and drinking water instead of coffee. I find this makes my mornings kick off to a great start! I fill up on energy and don't have that morning start sluggish feeling. I can tell the sluggish feeling leaves quickly and I'm not heading out of my work room for the 3rd time to get a huge cup of coffee filled with French vanilla creamer to keep me going till lunch. This week experiment is going fabulous.

Next week I'm going to start to add salads to my lunch. I'm still drinking soda, which is so much harder to give up this time around. I find I really don't care for the taste of soda anymore, but I drink it out of habit.

Habits... they are hard to break! I'm trying to relay to my brain, that it's filled with the bad sugar and chemicals, which is bad for me and my health!

If only my brain could take the hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment