Friday, June 22, 2012

Commitment

Commitment

This word has meant so much to me.

Commitment is defined in the dictionary as, "a pledge or promise, obligation."

I promised my daughter, Annaleigh, I'd be the best mother to her, when I thought long ago it would be just me and her.

I pledged my heart to my husband, Mark, who has almost always been patient, understanding, loving and has always made it a priority to be in Annaleigh's life. He has never tried to make me choose and knew Annaleigh would come first in my life and now his. For that I am so lucky to have found him.

I now find myself with a failing obligation to me. I have been trying to get healthy and failing miserably. I have let myself down so many times. I have struggled over and over again. I realized that I am FINALLY tired of the word "trying" and more than ready to give myself the full obligation that I should have done long ago.

I commit; pledge; promise; give total obligation to me, myself and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment