Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Moment Of Truth

Realizing that this weight loss business is deceiving. After taking pictures of my meals for four days now, I have come to really see that my food choices are beyond terrible. I don't have balance meals. My portions are all wrong. I eat out too much. I am eating the wrong things every time I put something in my mouth. I am completely lying to myself. I been wondering why I can't lose anything and it's all my own fault.

Stressed out! This are my explanation I can give... it's no excuse, but maybe it may shed some light on what's going on with me.

Here's why I'm stressed...

If you have a pre-teen in your household then you might understand. As much as I adore my girl; We are in the process of the talking back, eye-rolling, grunting, wearing make-up without permission and lying ... I could go on and on, but right now I feel like the parent who can't keep it together and ready to go off the deep end. IT'S SO HARD. I'm a little lost and feel like my parenting skills are full of failure.

Marriage... if you're married, then you definitely know that it's hard work. I have been married for 2 and 1/2 years. It's been a struggle. I'm stubborn and he's stubborn, so that makes situations tough and complicated on each other. As you guessed it, I feel like I'm failing as a wife. Something I thought I would be able to excel at, only to realize I'm not too good at it.

Now what? I just volunteered some personal information. Not too thrilled with it, but neither have I ever been the kind of person to pretend I live in a happy fairy-tale life. This is real and very much going on right now.

Life, it's stressful at a moments notice. How I handle it, that will be the real question. Let me start with working out my emotional eating and learning to communicate in my relationships with my family. I can't expect the perfect outcome without using my words in a calm patient manner. It's going to take time, commitment, and learning to push past my rough patches. It's all in the effort and time I put in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment