Friday, February 13, 2015

T'was The Morning Before Valentine's Day...

It's the day before Valentine's Day and my emotions are running all over the place. The one emotion that does seem to shut the others out: ANGER.

I went to the store this morning and walked in determined towards the Valentine aisle. As I approached I heard a mother tell her son, a boy who looked to be about 7 years old, that one day he "would" be interested in coming down this aisle and he muttered under his breath, "No I won't, ever..."

Funny, because that was how I felt the moment I saw this aisle; hearts galore, a chocoholic's dream come true. This aisle looked as if someone had puked red and pink. You can see where I'm going with this, right?

I went into this store with determination to buy something for my daughter and family, but my heart just wasn't in it. I stood there dumbstruck. I looked to the left, to the right, up and down. Not one clue.

Now let me point out, I have never did anything spectacular on Valentine's Day or receive any thing special from a boyfriend or husband, but for some strange, unexpected reason looking at all the Valentine's on this aisle has left a bitter taste in my day.

WTH!

I almost left empty handed, but I didn't and with no particular thought I grabbed this and that and quickly checked out the aisle of love. I really don't know what to say... have I become one of those cynical, bitter, old frumpy ladies who has had nothing, but disappointing luck with that thing we call "LOVE" and am I ready to crush those who are quickly blinded by "LOVE"? Have I quit believing in love? My mother once told me that love was just a word someone invented and that love really didn't exist. For my peace of mind, I secretly hope that it does exist and love is real.

Forgive this temporary moment of craziness.

Surely, this has nothing to do with today being FRIDAY THE 13TH? Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment